6.10.10

Not so petit























I am still waiting for the rest of my order of children's  Relax Shirts, Smoks and Easy Tops to arrive... sigh... 

In the mean time I am dressing myself in the odd bit of batik - not so petit after all! A few months ago I rummaged through a suitcase of wares for sale at the Rozelle Markets and found a beautiful piece of 1960's batik right at the bottom of the pile. The seller tells me he'd bought it in 1971 when traveling in Indonesia. The remnant then became mine for the grand sum of $5. My year nine school Textiles and Design lessons have come in handy once again - I whipped up this dress in a few hours the other day (based on a Ginger & Smart dress my friend owns) and I will be baring my shoulders in it as soon as the warm weather returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment